SP fields Lok Sabha candidates from Assam, MP, Andhra
Lucknow: The Samajwadi Party (SP) has released a list of candidates who would contest the Lok Sabha Elections in Madhya Pradesh, Assam and Andhra Pradesh, a party leader said on Monday.
Ram Gopal Yadav, general secretary, said in a statement that the party has fielded candidates for Tirupati, Machalipattnam, Warangal, Aarakku and Narsapuram Lok Sabha constituencies in Andhra Pradesh.
The party has also decided to field candidates for the Assembly polls in Andhra Pradesh for nine seats including Trivur, Kurnool, Warangal (East) and Vardhanapet.
The party, which has 22 MPs from Uttar Pradesh, would also be testing waters in Madhya Pradesh and has decided to field six candidates for the Lok Sabha seats.
The candidates include Anita Chowdhary (Bhind), Rajmani Patel (Rewa), Yogesh Kumar (Shahdaul), Manoj Kumar Yadav (Vidisha), Shiva Malik (Bhopal), Siddhartha Kushwaha (Khajuraho).
The SP will also be contesting the Karimganj, Silchar, Dhubri, Barpeta, Jorhat and Mangaldoi constituencies in Assam.
A senior party leader signalled that in coming days more candidates would be announced from other parts of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark