SP hails judgement on Chidambaram, BSP says `no comment`
New Delhi: Samajwadi Party on Friday said the Supreme Court has taken the "right decision" by dismissing the plea for probe against P Chidambaram in the 2G case, while BSP, another outside supporter of UPA, declined to comment.
"Whether Supreme Court or any other court, whatever decision is taken by judiciary, it always takes the right decision," SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav told reporters here.
BSP supremo Mayawati, however, said "no comment" when asked by reporters for her reaction.
BSP MP Vijay Bahadur Singh, however, said, "Petitions of Subramanian Swamy and Prashant Bhushan were totally misconceived and not maintainable. It is a mischievous, motivated petition only to draw political mileage because they want to land in politics with the help of parachutes which the Supreme Court has rightly rejected."
Welcoming the judgement, NCP, a UPA ally, said there was no case against Chidambaram.
"This was a concerted attempt by Opposition to whip up wrong propaganda against him (Chidambaram) and the Supreme Court has done the right thing. We welcome the judgement," NCP spokesperson DP Tripathy said.
Demanding apology from BJP and NDA, Congress leader Rashid Alvi said, "It may be a disturbing news for BJP and NDA. I demand they should apologise not only to Chidambaram but to the nation and the Congress also. Now the entire country will know their real face."
The Supreme Court today dismissed a plea for making Chidambaram a co-accused in the 2G spectrum case, saying there was no prima facie material against him of any criminal conspiracy or procuring of any pecuniary gain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray