SP leader talks with Mamata on prez poll, NCTC
Kolkata: Samajwadi Party General Secretary Kiranmoy Nanda on Tuesday met West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and discussed the stand to be taken by both the parties on the coming Presidential election and next month`s meeting on NCTC.
"We discussed the vital issue of the forthcoming presidential election. We also discussed many national issues, including NCTC," Nanda told reporters without elaboration after over a 30-minute meeting with Banerjee at the state secretariat here.
He said he had met the chief minister on the instruction of Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav.
Asked whether Samjawadi Party, which along with Trinamool Congress command a sizable number of votes, was trying to evolve a common stand on the Presidential election, he said "I cannot say anything more now.
"What will be our role, we will discuss and decide," he added.
"At the national level, we are in agreement with the chief minister on many issues. She is also in agreement with us on many issues", the SP leader said.
Asked whether Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav would visit West Bengal, Nanda said "we are trying to organise a meeting together in Delhi to discuss national issues.
To a question, he said "at the national level we are not part of any front."
Stating that there was no discussion on matters relating to West Bengal, the SP leader said "we are in agreement with her thoughts pertaining to running the state."
He said he would apprise Mulayam Singh Yadav and Akhilesh Yadav about his talk with Banerjee on his return to Lucknow.
Told that he was a part of the Left Front till the other day, Nanda, who had been a minister, replied "that is a closed chapter now."
The chief minister did not speak to reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today