SP member regrets snatching quota bill
New Delhi: Samajwadi Party (SP) leader Yashvir Singh on Thursday regretted snatching a copy of the promotion quota bill from Minister of State in the Prime Minister`s Office V Narayanasamy in the Lok Sabha a day ago.
As soon as the house met at 11 am, the SP member expressed regret over the incident.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar said she was greatly anguished over the unfortunate incident and asked parliamentarians to discuss all issues in the house.
"It has shaken the foundation of parliamentary democracy. Issues should be discussed in the house. The SP member has expressed regret. I would want all MPs to discuss issues in the house," she told the lower house.
During the session on Wednesday, Yashvir Singh snatched the copy of the bill as Narayanasamy was about to table it in the house for consideration and passing. The house was adjourned for the day.
The Constitution (One Hundred Seventeenth Amendment) Bill, 2012, was passed in the Rajya Sabha on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part III
- Houston shooting: Two shot dead including suspect, six left wounded
- Amitabh Bachchan proud of hosting girl child segment at government's gala
- LGBT community won't be free till section 377 exists: Celina Jaitley
- Premature babies at greater of risk of osteoporosis in adulthood
- Government to crack down on savings scams as PM Modi backs banking for all