SP member regrets snatching quota bill
New Delhi: Samajwadi Party (SP) leader Yashvir Singh on Thursday regretted snatching a copy of the promotion quota bill from Minister of State in the Prime Minister`s Office V Narayanasamy in the Lok Sabha a day ago.
As soon as the house met at 11 am, the SP member expressed regret over the incident.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar said she was greatly anguished over the unfortunate incident and asked parliamentarians to discuss all issues in the house.
"It has shaken the foundation of parliamentary democracy. Issues should be discussed in the house. The SP member has expressed regret. I would want all MPs to discuss issues in the house," she told the lower house.
During the session on Wednesday, Yashvir Singh snatched the copy of the bill as Narayanasamy was about to table it in the house for consideration and passing. The house was adjourned for the day.
The Constitution (One Hundred Seventeenth Amendment) Bill, 2012, was passed in the Rajya Sabha on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'