SP member regrets snatching quota bill
New Delhi: Samajwadi Party (SP) leader Yashvir Singh on Thursday regretted snatching a copy of the promotion quota bill from Minister of State in the Prime Minister`s Office V Narayanasamy in the Lok Sabha a day ago.
As soon as the house met at 11 am, the SP member expressed regret over the incident.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar said she was greatly anguished over the unfortunate incident and asked parliamentarians to discuss all issues in the house.
"It has shaken the foundation of parliamentary democracy. Issues should be discussed in the house. The SP member has expressed regret. I would want all MPs to discuss issues in the house," she told the lower house.
During the session on Wednesday, Yashvir Singh snatched the copy of the bill as Narayanasamy was about to table it in the house for consideration and passing. The house was adjourned for the day.
The Constitution (One Hundred Seventeenth Amendment) Bill, 2012, was passed in the Rajya Sabha on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list