SP perturbed over decreasing sittings of Parliament
New Delhi: Perturbed over the decreasing sittings of Parliament, Samajwadi Party on Monday urged the Chair to direct the government for a clarification on the issue.
"During the last five years the number of sittings in the House is getting reduced, who is to be blamed for this?" SP member Naresh Agrawal asked in the Rajya Sabha.
Agrawal alleged that the number of sitting in the House is getting eroded day by day and this time also there are only 16 sittings in the Monsoon Session and 44 bills are to be passed.
"The number of sittings is coming down day by day. The Opposition has also raised the issue. The government should answer why it is getting reduced. The Chair should give direction to government to give a clarification on this," Agrawal said.
P J Kurien, who was at the Chair, said, "This is a very good suggestion...Must be communicated."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...