SP says open for talks on Presidential candidate
New Delhi: Indicating that Samajwadi Party may be open to compromise on Presidential candidate, its leader Mohan Singh on Thursday said that it cannot go with BJP-led NDA.
"Time has yet not been lost. If talks take place even now, Mulayam Singh Yadav and Mamata Banerjee can be persuaded," he told a news agency.
Mohan Singh said SP itself never thought of a name for the Presidential candidate and wanted to have an "open discussion" with UPA.
"We cannot go with NDA due to obvious reasons," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video