SP sets target of winning 60 LS seats from UP
Lucknow: The Samajwadi Party has set a target of winning at least 60 out of 80 Lok Sabha seats in Uttar Pradesh in upcoming general elections, senior party leader Shivpal Yadav said on Wednesday.
The target was fixed at a meeting here of the party`s state executive, presided over by SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav and attended among others by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, he said.
The party would concentrate on winning more than 60 seats to play a vital role in government formation, Shivpal told reporters.
A resolution adopted at the meeting flayed the UPA government at the Centre of pursuing what it alleged faulty policies.
"Due to Congress misrule, unemployment has risen and prices of essential commodities have skyrocketed," it said.
The threat was also looming large on the border from China, the resolution said.
It slammed the BJP alleging the party was adopting communal approach.
The resolution said the Lok Sabha elections could be held anytime.
Party workers were told to keep an eye on those who could vitiate communal atmosphere ahead of polls, Shivpal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing