SP should also pass ‘communal’ resolution at Agra meet: Congress
Lucknow: Taking a dig at the ruling Samajwadi Party, state Congress leaders on Wednesday said it should also pass a "communal" resolution in Agra, where the party is holding its national executive meet, "to remove doubts about it among people".
"Besides the economic, political and other resolutions that will be passed at the ongoing national executive, it would be better for SP to also pass its communal resolution so as to remove all doubts about it among the people, especially the minorities," said state Congress spokesman, Amarnath Agarwal.
"At a time when western Uttar Pradesh is burning and a curfew is in force in Muzaffarnagar, SP is busy doing politics at its executive meet at Agra," Agarwal said.
While the state was passing through a difficult time, SP leaders were relaxing in five-star luxury hotels in Agra, alleged Agarwal.
"Under these conditions, it is necessary to ask as to who would provide relief and help to the affected people in the riot-hit western districts of UP," Agarwal said.
People have understood the designs of SP and BJP and that is why both Hindu and Muslim religious scholars have questioned the state government`s alleged inaction in the face of violence in Muzaffarnagar, charged Agarwal.
As to UP Urban Development Minister Azam Khan expressing his displeasure over the administrative failure to control the riots, Agarwal said that if he was really unhappy, he should quits his post and serve the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey