SP support to UPA will continue: Akhilesh
Lucknow: In the backdrop of DMK withdrawing support to UPA, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister and SP state president Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday said his party`s support to the UPA would continue and final decision would be taken by SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav.
"It is true that there is upheaval at the Centre and counting of numbers has started to know whether the government would survive or not," Akhilesh told reporters here in reply to a question.
"As far as support to the UPA is concerned, Netaji (Mulayam) will take the decision. Our entire central leadership is in Delhi and Lok Sabha is underway. Any decision would be taken in Lok Sabha and Netaji will finally decide," he said.
Samajwadi Party supports the UPA government at the Centre from outside.
Akhilesh said SP`s support to the UPA was continuing and it was to keep the communal forces at bay.
"We have extended support so that communal forces do not become dominant in the country. To weaken communal forces is our priority," he said.
On a question whether SP was ready for elections, Akhilesh said the party was ready.
"We have won assembly elections and have completed one year in office and we are ready. When the elections will come, the party will be in the field through its leaders and organisation," he said.
On the question of independence of CBI he said, "It has been observed that those who are against Congress, inquiry of leaders of such political parties was done and CBI probe was on".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster