SP support to UPA will continue: Akhilesh
Lucknow: In the backdrop of DMK withdrawing support to UPA, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister and SP state president Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday said his party`s support to the UPA would continue and final decision would be taken by SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav.
"It is true that there is upheaval at the Centre and counting of numbers has started to know whether the government would survive or not," Akhilesh told reporters here in reply to a question.
"As far as support to the UPA is concerned, Netaji (Mulayam) will take the decision. Our entire central leadership is in Delhi and Lok Sabha is underway. Any decision would be taken in Lok Sabha and Netaji will finally decide," he said.
Samajwadi Party supports the UPA government at the Centre from outside.
Akhilesh said SP`s support to the UPA was continuing and it was to keep the communal forces at bay.
"We have extended support so that communal forces do not become dominant in the country. To weaken communal forces is our priority," he said.
On a question whether SP was ready for elections, Akhilesh said the party was ready.
"We have won assembly elections and have completed one year in office and we are ready. When the elections will come, the party will be in the field through its leaders and organisation," he said.
On the question of independence of CBI he said, "It has been observed that those who are against Congress, inquiry of leaders of such political parties was done and CBI probe was on".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch