SP to oppose reservation in promotion for SC/ST officials
New Delhi: Terming as "ridiculous" the proposal for reservation in promotion for SC/ST officials, Samajwadi Party Monday said it will oppose the constitutional amendment in this regard in Parliament.
"I think this is absolutely wrong and this should not be done. This is absolutely ridiculous. People have been waiting for 30 years for getting promoted and working hard for it, what will happen to them," SP MP Jaya Bachchan told reporters here.
She said parents take a lot of pain in getting education for their children and hope that they would grow naturally in their careers.
"This reservation in promotion will work against that," she said and asked "Do you want to break this country".
"People have been waiting for 30 years for getting promoted and working hard for it, what will happen to them. They will not get promotion and those with reservations will only get it," she said.
Meanwhile, LJP chief Ramvilas Paswan said his party supported the reservation in promotions for SC/ST officials in government jobs.
On the opposition faced by the proposal in the Rajya Sabha by the SP, he said, "The Bill aims at social justice in society and how come a party which roots the cause oppose it in Parliament.
"SP can have its differences with BSP on other issues but on this cause of social justice, they should not have any," he said.
The BSP has been strongly demanding the clearance of this proposal in both Houses of Parliament in the Winter Session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month
- Outstanding! Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is unstoppable at the Box Office – Read more