SP to oppose reservation in promotion for SC/ST officials
New Delhi: Terming as "ridiculous" the proposal for reservation in promotion for SC/ST officials, Samajwadi Party Monday said it will oppose the constitutional amendment in this regard in Parliament.
"I think this is absolutely wrong and this should not be done. This is absolutely ridiculous. People have been waiting for 30 years for getting promoted and working hard for it, what will happen to them," SP MP Jaya Bachchan told reporters here.
She said parents take a lot of pain in getting education for their children and hope that they would grow naturally in their careers.
"This reservation in promotion will work against that," she said and asked "Do you want to break this country".
"People have been waiting for 30 years for getting promoted and working hard for it, what will happen to them. They will not get promotion and those with reservations will only get it," she said.
Meanwhile, LJP chief Ramvilas Paswan said his party supported the reservation in promotions for SC/ST officials in government jobs.
On the opposition faced by the proposal in the Rajya Sabha by the SP, he said, "The Bill aims at social justice in society and how come a party which roots the cause oppose it in Parliament.
"SP can have its differences with BSP on other issues but on this cause of social justice, they should not have any," he said.
The BSP has been strongly demanding the clearance of this proposal in both Houses of Parliament in the Winter Session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez