SP to support UPA, but oppose anti-people policies
Varanasi: Samajwadi Party on Saturday said it will continue to oppose the UPA government`s "anti-people" policies but will support it in a bid to keep the "communal forces" at bay.
"We will continue to support UPA to keep communal forces out of power but will oppose its anti-people policies," SP president Mulayam Singh Yadav told reporters here during his visit to a private nursing home, where senior party leader Ramkaran Yadav is admitted.
He was accompanied with his son Akhilesh Yadav.
To a query on the pitiable condition of religious town Varanasi, the chief minister said that all development works would be undertaken soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?