SP to support UPA, but oppose anti-people policies
Varanasi: Samajwadi Party on Saturday said it will continue to oppose the UPA government`s "anti-people" policies but will support it in a bid to keep the "communal forces" at bay.
"We will continue to support UPA to keep communal forces out of power but will oppose its anti-people policies," SP president Mulayam Singh Yadav told reporters here during his visit to a private nursing home, where senior party leader Ramkaran Yadav is admitted.
He was accompanied with his son Akhilesh Yadav.
To a query on the pitiable condition of religious town Varanasi, the chief minister said that all development works would be undertaken soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP