SP to support UPA, but oppose anti-people policies
Varanasi: Samajwadi Party on Saturday said it will continue to oppose the UPA government`s "anti-people" policies but will support it in a bid to keep the "communal forces" at bay.
"We will continue to support UPA to keep communal forces out of power but will oppose its anti-people policies," SP president Mulayam Singh Yadav told reporters here during his visit to a private nursing home, where senior party leader Ramkaran Yadav is admitted.
He was accompanied with his son Akhilesh Yadav.
To a query on the pitiable condition of religious town Varanasi, the chief minister said that all development works would be undertaken soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof