SP to support UPA, but oppose anti-people policies
Varanasi: Samajwadi Party on Saturday said it will continue to oppose the UPA government`s "anti-people" policies but will support it in a bid to keep the "communal forces" at bay.
"We will continue to support UPA to keep communal forces out of power but will oppose its anti-people policies," SP president Mulayam Singh Yadav told reporters here during his visit to a private nursing home, where senior party leader Ramkaran Yadav is admitted.
He was accompanied with his son Akhilesh Yadav.
To a query on the pitiable condition of religious town Varanasi, the chief minister said that all development works would be undertaken soon.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed