SP wants to keep Muslims in terror to polarise votes: RLD
Lucknow: Calling for a CBI inquiry into the Muzaffarnagar violence, Rashtriya Lok Dal on Monday alleged that the ruling Samajwadi Party wants to keep Muslims in terror to polarise votes.
"The riots would not have taken place if the government was serious (about maintaining law and order). I once again demand CBI inquiry into the matter and, along with the political conspiracy, role of the administration should also be probed," RLD national general secretary Jayant Chaudhary told reporters here.
He alleged that Samajwadi Party was under the "wrong impression" that the violence would help it to polarise votes.
"SP was under the wrong impression that with this incident, it will polarise votes. The SP government wants to maintain an atmosphere of terror among Muslims," he alleged.
Chaudhary alleged that the administration was insensitive during riots, rumours were spread and CD of inflammatory speech was circulated.
The RLD leader also demanded arrest of BJP MLAs named in the FIRs at the earliest.
He claimed that the people in Muzaffarnagar villages were still living in terror and their faith in the administration had not returned.
He said there was a need for intellectuals and social activists to come forward and take out the terror in the hearts of the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics