SP wants to keep Muslims in terror to polarise votes: RLD
Lucknow: Calling for a CBI inquiry into the Muzaffarnagar violence, Rashtriya Lok Dal on Monday alleged that the ruling Samajwadi Party wants to keep Muslims in terror to polarise votes.
"The riots would not have taken place if the government was serious (about maintaining law and order). I once again demand CBI inquiry into the matter and, along with the political conspiracy, role of the administration should also be probed," RLD national general secretary Jayant Chaudhary told reporters here.
He alleged that Samajwadi Party was under the "wrong impression" that the violence would help it to polarise votes.
"SP was under the wrong impression that with this incident, it will polarise votes. The SP government wants to maintain an atmosphere of terror among Muslims," he alleged.
Chaudhary alleged that the administration was insensitive during riots, rumours were spread and CD of inflammatory speech was circulated.
The RLD leader also demanded arrest of BJP MLAs named in the FIRs at the earliest.
He claimed that the people in Muzaffarnagar villages were still living in terror and their faith in the administration had not returned.
He said there was a need for intellectuals and social activists to come forward and take out the terror in the hearts of the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre