Spat between journos & Ramdev supporters halt media coverage
New Delhi: A spat between the supporters of Baba Ramdev and the media resulted in a brief halt in the coverage of the yoga guru`s hunger strike against corruption here on Saturday, prompting him to apologise to journalists.
The disruption occurred after volunteers at the Ramlila
Maidan stopped media persons from bringing food and water
bottles inside the camp and also misbehaved with a senior
When the senior scribe intervened to resolve the spat,
they told him that since the guru was on a hunger strike
mediamen should also observe a fast.
Many other reporters complained that they were being
misbehaved with and that volunteers were checking their ID
cards and unnecessarily harassing them.
Agitated journalists then decided not to cover the
The issue was resolved only after Ramdev himself
intervened and apologised for the incident.
"I am sorry. There is no intention to create any problem.
I respect the media," Ramdev said while instructing the
volunteers to make sure that mediapersons face no trouble.
Ramdev`s agitation has seen round-the-clock media coverage and
many journalists are camping at the venue for the past couple
of days since the yoga guru`s arrival in the national capital
on June 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation