Speaker for more women as conflict negotiators
New Delhi: Women are creative and innovative
when it comes to resolving conflicts and enabling dialogue
and it is important to expand their role as negotiators and
peacemakers, Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar said on Tuesday.
"Research indicates that women generally are intuitive
and collaborative and thus more inclined toward consensus and
compromise. This has proven successful in negotiating
conflicts and enabling dialogue," the Speaker said.
She was speaking on `Women in Conflict` at the Indrani
Devi Centenary Lecture.
Kumar said that studies indicated that women were
creative, innovative and are in touch with the grass root
realities and have first-hand knowledge of what really would
work in finding effective solutions to problems which threaten
our world today.
The Speaker observed that to be an effective and
stabilising force, women are working in unanimity to the
extent possible, and in spite of geo-cultural differences are
building up networks and support groups to amplify their
agenda for poverty reduction and other issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards
- French Open champ Garbine Muguruza withdraws from Montreal
- Olympics 2016: More Russians banned in mounting Rio toll
- Throwback! Diana Penty’s Italian vacation pics will inspire you to visit the country
- Singer Shweta Pandit gets married to Italian beau Ivano Fucci