Speaker for more women as conflict negotiators
New Delhi: Women are creative and innovative
when it comes to resolving conflicts and enabling dialogue
and it is important to expand their role as negotiators and
peacemakers, Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar said on Tuesday.
"Research indicates that women generally are intuitive
and collaborative and thus more inclined toward consensus and
compromise. This has proven successful in negotiating
conflicts and enabling dialogue," the Speaker said.
She was speaking on `Women in Conflict` at the Indrani
Devi Centenary Lecture.
Kumar said that studies indicated that women were
creative, innovative and are in touch with the grass root
realities and have first-hand knowledge of what really would
work in finding effective solutions to problems which threaten
our world today.
The Speaker observed that to be an effective and
stabilising force, women are working in unanimity to the
extent possible, and in spite of geo-cultural differences are
building up networks and support groups to amplify their
agenda for poverty reduction and other issues.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why