Speaker raps Kirti Azad
New Delhi: BJP member Kirti Azad on Monday drew the ire of Speaker Meira Kumar for not observing Parliamentary courtesies in the Lok Sabha.
Azad crossed the floor between the Chair and Anand Paranjpe (Shiv Sena) who was asking a supplementary during Question Hour.
The Rules of Procedure of the Lok Sabha state that a member shall not pass between the Chair and a member who is speaking.
The Speaker brought the violation of the rules to the notice of Azad and told him that he should have taken a seat in one of the rear rows till Paranjpe had finished asking his question.
Kumar has been diligent on members observing Parliametary courtesies and has even praised some who do so.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Drop everything and watch out for John, Varun & Jacqueline starrer 'Dishoom's logo! Pic Inside
- Centre to declassify 25 more files relating to Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose today
- SRH vs SL: Indian Premier League 9, Qualifier 2 - Players to watch out for in virtual semi-final
- Spellers from Texas, New York state battle to tie in US Spelling Bee
- Have given corruption free govt: Amit Shah on 2 years of Modi raj