Speaker raps Kirti Azad
New Delhi: BJP member Kirti Azad on Monday drew the ire of Speaker Meira Kumar for not observing Parliamentary courtesies in the Lok Sabha.
Azad crossed the floor between the Chair and Anand Paranjpe (Shiv Sena) who was asking a supplementary during Question Hour.
The Rules of Procedure of the Lok Sabha state that a member shall not pass between the Chair and a member who is speaking.
The Speaker brought the violation of the rules to the notice of Azad and told him that he should have taken a seat in one of the rear rows till Paranjpe had finished asking his question.
Kumar has been diligent on members observing Parliametary courtesies and has even praised some who do so.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam