Speaker raps Kirti Azad
New Delhi: BJP member Kirti Azad on Monday drew the ire of Speaker Meira Kumar for not observing Parliamentary courtesies in the Lok Sabha.
Azad crossed the floor between the Chair and Anand Paranjpe (Shiv Sena) who was asking a supplementary during Question Hour.
The Rules of Procedure of the Lok Sabha state that a member shall not pass between the Chair and a member who is speaking.
The Speaker brought the violation of the rules to the notice of Azad and told him that he should have taken a seat in one of the rear rows till Paranjpe had finished asking his question.
Kumar has been diligent on members observing Parliametary courtesies and has even praised some who do so.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?