Speaker tells LS to secure human rights objectives
New Delhi: On the occasion of Human Rights
Day today, Speaker Meira Kumar asked the Lok Sabha to
rededicate itself to achieving the objectives enshrined in the
Universal Declaration on Human Rights.
"Let us on this occasion rededicate ourselves to fully
achieving these objectives as enshrined in the Universal
Declaration of Human Rights," Kumar said.
The United Nations General Assembly had adopted and
proclaimed the Declaration on December 10, 1948.
"The day reminds us of our commitment towards securing
social, economic and cultural as well as civil and political
rights for all mankind in general and our citizens in
particular," Kumar said.
Stating that these objectives find a prominent place in
the Preamble of our Constitution, she said the country has
taken several initiatives to attain them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend