Speaker tells LS to secure human rights objectives
New Delhi: On the occasion of Human Rights
Day today, Speaker Meira Kumar asked the Lok Sabha to
rededicate itself to achieving the objectives enshrined in the
Universal Declaration on Human Rights.
"Let us on this occasion rededicate ourselves to fully
achieving these objectives as enshrined in the Universal
Declaration of Human Rights," Kumar said.
The United Nations General Assembly had adopted and
proclaimed the Declaration on December 10, 1948.
"The day reminds us of our commitment towards securing
social, economic and cultural as well as civil and political
rights for all mankind in general and our citizens in
particular," Kumar said.
Stating that these objectives find a prominent place in
the Preamble of our Constitution, she said the country has
taken several initiatives to attain them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray