Speaker tells LS to secure human rights objectives
New Delhi: On the occasion of Human Rights
Day today, Speaker Meira Kumar asked the Lok Sabha to
rededicate itself to achieving the objectives enshrined in the
Universal Declaration on Human Rights.
"Let us on this occasion rededicate ourselves to fully
achieving these objectives as enshrined in the Universal
Declaration of Human Rights," Kumar said.
The United Nations General Assembly had adopted and
proclaimed the Declaration on December 10, 1948.
"The day reminds us of our commitment towards securing
social, economic and cultural as well as civil and political
rights for all mankind in general and our citizens in
particular," Kumar said.
Stating that these objectives find a prominent place in
the Preamble of our Constitution, she said the country has
taken several initiatives to attain them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA