Special court for false cases against Muslims: LJP
New Delhi: LJP on Saturday demanded setting up a
special fast track court for the speedy time-bound disposal of
cases of "innocent people" from the Muslim community lodged in
jails on "false charges of terrorism" and a special law to
punish police officials responsible for this.
"After every terror incident, doubt is raised on people
from the Muslim community. Government should set up a special
fast track court to dispose of all these cases within a year,"
LJP President Ram Vilas Paswan told said here.
Several young Muslims are being "persecuted" even though
investigations in Ajmer and Malegaon blasts have revealed the
involvement of people from right wing organizations, he said.
Addressing a press conference in the presence of families
of people who were arrested after serial blasts in Delhi,
Jaipur, Mumbai, Ahmedabad and Pune, Paswan demanded a special
law to punish the police officials behind such "false charges
and wrong cases".
The LJP has also formed a six-member committee to look
into "false" cases lodged by police after serial blasts at
different places in the country, Paswan said.
"There is no law to punish cops and officials of
investigative agencies who have arrested innocent people by
fabricating evidences and cases against them. Government must
look at it to ensure a fair trial in terror cases," he said.
On being asked about his next course of action, Paswan
said, "We will raise this issue with the Prime Minister and
Home Minister. I will personally raise this issue in the Rajya
Demanding a CBI probe into recent incidents of violence
at Rudrapur in Uttarakhand, Paswan said, "Why the Uttarakhand
government is afraid of ordering a CBI probe into this issue?
Why is it not doing anything to ensure the safety of minority
Asked about the reason for raising the issue suddenly,
Paswan said, "This committee will look into the cases where
innocent youngsters from Muslim community are being targeted
by the cops. We are not trying to give clean chit to anyone,
but we are asking for a fair and speedy trial in such cases,"
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists