Special train to Rajasthan for Bhutan royal couple
New Delhi: In a special gesture to the royal
Bhutanese couple currently on a visit to the country, a
special luxury train equipped with all stately features is
being deployed by the government for their four-day travel to
The special train with a well-furnished saloon equipped
with a modern kitchen to be managed by chefs from Taj Group,
will trudge on its path for the desert state from Safdarjung
station on October 27 here.
The elegantly decorated train will carry the newly-wed
royal couple King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuk and Queen
Jetsun Pema and their entourage to places like Jaipur,
Udaipur and Jodhpur. The couple arrived here on October 23 on
a nine-day visit.
The train will be complete with a bedroom, drawing and
dining facilities and bathroom. The saloon is specially
designed with large windows for a better view.
Chefs from Taj Group hotel will entertain the couple with
an assortment of Indian delicacies. The railway catering staff
will be there to assist them.
The special train will also have AC coaches for
maintenance staff and security personnel. An elaborate
security arrangment has also been put in place for the safe
journey of the royal couple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick