Special train to Rajasthan for Bhutan royal couple
New Delhi: In a special gesture to the royal
Bhutanese couple currently on a visit to the country, a
special luxury train equipped with all stately features is
being deployed by the government for their four-day travel to
The special train with a well-furnished saloon equipped
with a modern kitchen to be managed by chefs from Taj Group,
will trudge on its path for the desert state from Safdarjung
station on October 27 here.
The elegantly decorated train will carry the newly-wed
royal couple King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuk and Queen
Jetsun Pema and their entourage to places like Jaipur,
Udaipur and Jodhpur. The couple arrived here on October 23 on
a nine-day visit.
The train will be complete with a bedroom, drawing and
dining facilities and bathroom. The saloon is specially
designed with large windows for a better view.
Chefs from Taj Group hotel will entertain the couple with
an assortment of Indian delicacies. The railway catering staff
will be there to assist them.
The special train will also have AC coaches for
maintenance staff and security personnel. An elaborate
security arrangment has also been put in place for the safe
journey of the royal couple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Nearly two lakh students appear for JEE (Advanced) exam
- Greek parliament approves controversial new bailout measures
- French Open 2016: Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka face Czech challenge in Paris
- Iraq PM announces start of operation to retake Fallujah
- Amnesty warns Yemen civilians face cluster bombs `minefields`