Speculation follows Mulayam’s Rashtrapati Bhavan visit
New Delhi: Samajwadi Party president Mulayam Singh Yadav’s visit to Rashtrapati Bhavan to attend a cultural evening set off speculation of a “big development” but later came a cropper.
Minutes after Yadav announced that he was leaving for Rashtrapati Bhavan and that “others had also been called”, the phones in the President’s House started ringing with queries on the reason behind Yadav’s visit.
The entire issue came to rest only after it came to light that the President along with guests which included Yadav, Union Ministers Salman Khursheed and Rajiv Shukla were attending a cultural evening of Shubha Mudgal.
Many Parliamentarians were also present at the cultural event during which the veteran classical singer enthralled the audience with Ganesh Vandana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL