Speculation follows Mulayam’s Rashtrapati Bhavan visit
New Delhi: Samajwadi Party president Mulayam Singh Yadav’s visit to Rashtrapati Bhavan to attend a cultural evening set off speculation of a “big development” but later came a cropper.
Minutes after Yadav announced that he was leaving for Rashtrapati Bhavan and that “others had also been called”, the phones in the President’s House started ringing with queries on the reason behind Yadav’s visit.
The entire issue came to rest only after it came to light that the President along with guests which included Yadav, Union Ministers Salman Khursheed and Rajiv Shukla were attending a cultural evening of Shubha Mudgal.
Many Parliamentarians were also present at the cultural event during which the veteran classical singer enthralled the audience with Ganesh Vandana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people