Speculation follows Mulayam’s Rashtrapati Bhavan visit
New Delhi: Samajwadi Party president Mulayam Singh Yadav’s visit to Rashtrapati Bhavan to attend a cultural evening set off speculation of a “big development” but later came a cropper.
Minutes after Yadav announced that he was leaving for Rashtrapati Bhavan and that “others had also been called”, the phones in the President’s House started ringing with queries on the reason behind Yadav’s visit.
The entire issue came to rest only after it came to light that the President along with guests which included Yadav, Union Ministers Salman Khursheed and Rajiv Shukla were attending a cultural evening of Shubha Mudgal.
Many Parliamentarians were also present at the cultural event during which the veteran classical singer enthralled the audience with Ganesh Vandana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued