Speeding truck runs over sleeping pilgrims in Gujarat, 16 dead
Ahmedabad: At least sixteen persons were killed when a speeding truck run over them on Dolka-Bagodra highway here today, police said.
The incident took place near Bejwa crossroad on the highway where a number of people on their way to pilgrimage were sleeping on the roadside, they said.
Sixteen persons have died on the spot while some others were injured, police said, adding the injured persons were admitted to the V S Hospital in Ahmedabad.
Further investigation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell