Speeding truck runs over sleeping pilgrims in Gujarat, 16 dead
Ahmedabad: At least sixteen persons were killed when a speeding truck run over them on Dolka-Bagodra highway here today, police said.
The incident took place near Bejwa crossroad on the highway where a number of people on their way to pilgrimage were sleeping on the roadside, they said.
Sixteen persons have died on the spot while some others were injured, police said, adding the injured persons were admitted to the V S Hospital in Ahmedabad.
Further investigation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui