Speedy hearing sought in Sadik Jamal encounter case
Ahmedabad: An application was today filed
in Gujarat High Court seeking speedy hearing of a petition
demanding CBI inquiry in the Sadik Jamal encounter of 2003
which involves D G Vanzara one of the accused in Sohrabuddin
Sheikh fake encounter case.
Shabbir Jamal Mehtar in his plea to the High Court
asked for a speedy inquiry and demanded CBI probe in the
encounter of his brother Sadik Jamal by the Gujarat police in
Mehtar filed the application as the hearing in his
case was pending in the High Court since last hearing in
September 2009. The hearing on this application is likely to
take place next week.
Shabbir had filed a petition in Gujarat High Court in
2007 demanding a CBI inquiry into encounter of Sadik (25) who
was killed in the city on January 13, 2003, by city crime
After the encounter the crime branch had claimed that
Sadik was a noted criminal in the league of persons like
Dawood Ibrahim and Chhota Shakeel and had planned to kill BJP
leader L K Advani, Chief Minister Narendra Modi and VHP leader
Mehtar in his petition demanding CBI probe has claimed
that his brother was not a terrorist and alleged that the plot
to kill his brother was a `cold-blooded murder` and a
`conspiracy` hatched by Vanzara and P P Pandey who was then
heading the city Crime Branch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back