Speedy hearing sought in Sadik Jamal encounter case
Ahmedabad: An application was today filed
in Gujarat High Court seeking speedy hearing of a petition
demanding CBI inquiry in the Sadik Jamal encounter of 2003
which involves D G Vanzara one of the accused in Sohrabuddin
Sheikh fake encounter case.
Shabbir Jamal Mehtar in his plea to the High Court
asked for a speedy inquiry and demanded CBI probe in the
encounter of his brother Sadik Jamal by the Gujarat police in
Mehtar filed the application as the hearing in his
case was pending in the High Court since last hearing in
September 2009. The hearing on this application is likely to
take place next week.
Shabbir had filed a petition in Gujarat High Court in
2007 demanding a CBI inquiry into encounter of Sadik (25) who
was killed in the city on January 13, 2003, by city crime
After the encounter the crime branch had claimed that
Sadik was a noted criminal in the league of persons like
Dawood Ibrahim and Chhota Shakeel and had planned to kill BJP
leader L K Advani, Chief Minister Narendra Modi and VHP leader
Mehtar in his petition demanding CBI probe has claimed
that his brother was not a terrorist and alleged that the plot
to kill his brother was a `cold-blooded murder` and a
`conspiracy` hatched by Vanzara and P P Pandey who was then
heading the city Crime Branch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Oops! Shah Rukh Khan, Rohit Shetty friends no more?
- NASA's NEEMO 21 research mission begins, aquanauts splash down!
- Congress leader Digvijay Singh taken aback after seeing his name in Below Poverty Line list
- Gwen Stefani auditioned for 'Mr & Mrs Smith'
- WATCH: Fizz and fire! Mustafizur Rahman demolishes opposition on T20 Blast debut