SpiceJet aircraft suffers bird hit; all safe
Vijayawada (AP): A SpiceJet aircraft with 35 passengers on board suffered a bird hit today ahead of its landing at the Gannavaram airport here.
The incident took place around 9 AM when the flight was about to touch down and suddenly a bird hit the right wing of the aircraft, damaging it slightly, airport officials said.
However, the pilot made a safe landing and none of the passengers were hurt, they said.
Due to the bird hit, the return flight to Hyderabad was cancelled, officials added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video