SpiceJet flight aborted as loader jumps out on runway
Panaji: An Ahmedabad-bound SpiceJet flight aborted take-off at the last moment after a loader jumped off from the luggage section of the plane while it was taxiing on the runway at Dabolim airport here, police said.
Police officials said the incident happened at 4.45 pm.
"When the flight was on the runway, a loader was seen jumping from the baggage section of the plane. The pilot was immediately alerted about aborting the take-off," police officials said quoting eye-witness.
Airport authorities were yet to file a complaint against the loader who was not yet identified.
"The flight was allowed to take off after a thorough security check as the behaviour of the loader was found to be suspicious," police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe