Spicejet flight makes emergency landing
Mumbai: A Spicejet flight made an emergency landing at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (CSIA) here Saturday following some technical problems. All passengers are safe, an official said.
There were 137 passengers on board flight SG-344 on its way here from Bangalore.
The flight made a turnaround eight minutes before it reported a technical hitch and a full emergency was declared at 12.15 pm.
It landed safely at 12.21 pm and the emergency was relaxed at 12.28 pm, the airport official said.
The emergency came even as CSIA is grappling with a stranded Turkish Airlines Airbus which skidded off the taxiway Friday and has remained bogged down in mud for the past 32 hours leading to the closure of the main runway since.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'