Spiritual guru Kripalu Maharaj`s last rites performed
Pratapgarh: Disciples, locals and a throng of politicians bid a tearful farewell to Ram Kripalu Tripathi, popularly known as Jagadguru Kripaluji Maharaj, as his mortal remains were consigned to flames near Kunda in the district on Monday.
Ramanand, grandson of the spiritual leader, lit the pyre at the famous Mangarh ashram, about 65 km from here, in the presence of thousands of people, including politicians like Pramod Tewari.
The 91-year-old godman had slipped at his ashram earlier this month and was rushed to a Allahabad hospital. On November 11 he was flown to a Gurgaon hospital in a critical condition.
He passed away on November 15.
His body was kept at his ashram where people from all sections of the society had his last `darshan`. Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has also paid condolence on the death of Kripaluji Maharaj.
He was the preceptor of Jagadguru Kripalu Parishat, a worldwide Hindu non-profit organisation with five main spiritual centres, four in India and one in the USA.
His Mangarh ashram came into news in 2010 after a stampede in which 63 people were killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...