Spl anti-Naxal force for Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha, Chhatisgarh
New Delhi: Four Naxal-affected states will raise specialised forces trained in guerilla warfare on the lines of the much acclaimed `Greyhounds`, a special police unit in Andhra Pradesh.
In a scheme funded and approved by the central government, Bihar, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh and Odisha will get funds to create and upgrade infrastructure, weaponry and equipment to combat the Naxal menace.
The proposed outlay during the 12th Plan in this regard is Rs 280 crore by the central government and around Rs 56 crore by the state government concerned, the Union Home ministry said in its proposal.
The funding that will help beef up the police forces of these states will be done under the Home Ministry sponsored Scheme for Special Infrastructure (SIS).
The Home Ministry said the step to adopt a new strategy is being taken in the background of the success achieved by the Greyhounds in AP in combating Left Wing Extremism.
The Ministry has, however, put certain riders on the states before the funds are released.
"The Special Force of the state concerned has to be upgraded as per the approved guidelines of Greyhounds. Even if a Special Force has been raised in some form in the state concerned, they are required to be reoriented through the entire process mentioned in the guidelines. The state will strictly adhere to these guidelines.
Only states providing such an undertaking will be considered for funding under the scheme," the Home Ministry said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog