Spl train to Bihar from Anand Vihar station in Delhi
New Delhi: Facing unprecedented summer rush
in trains bound for Bihar from New Delhi station, Railways
today had to run a special unreserved train from Anand Vihar
terminal to Patna, with passengers far outnumbering the total
The train left from here at 5.40 pm and 1797 passengers
boarded it against the seat capacity of 1660, said a source in
Railways. It had 18 general second class coaches.
Another special unreserved train will also run tomorrow
from Delhi Sarai Rohilla station to Patna. Railways expect a
matching rush in this train too. Both are following the route
and stoppages of Jansadharan Express.
The source said the purpose to run both the trains from
different stations was to decongest New Delhi station, which
was seeing heavy summer rush and was witness to a stampede
incident on May 16 in which two persons were killed.
Meanwhile, sources indicated that some more trains might
be shifted from New Delhi station to the underutilised Anand
Vihar station, which at present handles seven regular trains
and special trains bound for eastern states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem