SPS Rathore to move High Court for bail
Chandigarh: Former Director General of Police (DGP) SPS Rathore, who has been charged for allegedly molesting 14-year old teenager Ruchika Girhotra, a promising young tennis star in 1990s, is expected to move the High Court on Monday for his bail.
The Panchkula court had on Friday (January8) dismissed the bail plea of Rathore.
The court had also slammed the Haryana Police for failing to provide evidences against Rathore, and for not opposing his bail petition.
Rathore has three cases pending against him in the court; all filed by Ruchika``s family and friends.
Ruchika``s family lawyer Pankaj Bharadwaj had earlier filed two First Information Reports (FIRs) against Rathore.
The lawyer had claimed that the first FIR was filed for forging documents like the inquest report and the other for illegal detention of Ruchika``s brother, Ashu, who was kept in illegal detention at the behest of Rathore and given tortures.
The third case is that of abetment to suicide against him.
Teenager Ruchika had killed herself three years after the incident by drinking poison.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is most likely to take over the case.
Meanwhile, the Haryana police have managed to track down the woman whom Rathore alleges to be Ruchika``s stepmother, Veena. There are reports that she is being interrogated by the police with regard to this case.
Rathore``s counsel and wife, Abha Rathore, had earlier, while appealing for Rathore``s bail claimed that Ruchika committed suicide because of her father``s extra marital affair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown