SPS Rathore to move High Court for bail
Chandigarh: Former Director General of Police (DGP) SPS Rathore, who has been charged for allegedly molesting 14-year old teenager Ruchika Girhotra, a promising young tennis star in 1990s, is expected to move the High Court on Monday for his bail.
The Panchkula court had on Friday (January8) dismissed the bail plea of Rathore.
The court had also slammed the Haryana Police for failing to provide evidences against Rathore, and for not opposing his bail petition.
Rathore has three cases pending against him in the court; all filed by Ruchika``s family and friends.
Ruchika``s family lawyer Pankaj Bharadwaj had earlier filed two First Information Reports (FIRs) against Rathore.
The lawyer had claimed that the first FIR was filed for forging documents like the inquest report and the other for illegal detention of Ruchika``s brother, Ashu, who was kept in illegal detention at the behest of Rathore and given tortures.
The third case is that of abetment to suicide against him.
Teenager Ruchika had killed herself three years after the incident by drinking poison.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is most likely to take over the case.
Meanwhile, the Haryana police have managed to track down the woman whom Rathore alleges to be Ruchika``s stepmother, Veena. There are reports that she is being interrogated by the police with regard to this case.
Rathore``s counsel and wife, Abha Rathore, had earlier, while appealing for Rathore``s bail claimed that Ruchika committed suicide because of her father``s extra marital affair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?