SRCC admission procedure challenged, HC issues notice
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court today issued
a notice to prestigious Sri Ram College of Commerce here
seeking its response on alleged irregularities in the
admission process for undergraduate programme under the sports
A bench comprising Justices M C Garg and Ajit Bharihoke
asked the college to respond to the allegations of a student
that he was denied admission last year because of
irregularities in the admission process.
The court was hearing a petition filed by Abhishek
Chandran whose application for admission was not accepted last
year despite being first on the wait list and some other
candidate was admitted whose name did not figure in the list.
The petition, which was earlier heard by a single judge,
was dismissed on the ground that the admission process was
completed by that time.
The single bench had, however, said the college had not
been able to explain why a certain candidate who had not
figured on the merit list and wait list was given admission.
Advocate Sunil J. Mathews, appearing for the student who
is studying in another Delhi University college, contended the
entire process for admission under sports quota is illegal as
it is being handled by the college`s sports convener who does
not possess the proper qualifications according to UGC.
The court, after hearing his arguments, issued a notice
to the college, its sports convenor and the University of
Delhi to which SRCC is affiliated.
The court asked them to file their responses by the next
date of hearing and posted the matter for further hearing on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why