Sri Lankan arrested with forged passport
Jaipur: A Sri Lankan national who was scheduled to board a London-bound flight was held allegedly with forged passport during immigration check at Sanganer
airport here, officials said on Thursday.
"During the immigration check yesterday, we found the passport of one passenger Mathiyalan Muthu forged. Muthu had affixed his photograph to some other`s passport and was schedule to board London-bound Oman Air`s flight WY-272,"
Additional SP Immigration, Kalyanmal said.
Muthu, who was handed over to Sanganer police, confessed during interrogation that he managed to sneak into India from Srilanka four years ago and had planned to go to London from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional