Sri Lankan arrested with forged passport
Jaipur: A Sri Lankan national who was scheduled to board a London-bound flight was held allegedly with forged passport during immigration check at Sanganer
airport here, officials said on Thursday.
"During the immigration check yesterday, we found the passport of one passenger Mathiyalan Muthu forged. Muthu had affixed his photograph to some other`s passport and was schedule to board London-bound Oman Air`s flight WY-272,"
Additional SP Immigration, Kalyanmal said.
Muthu, who was handed over to Sanganer police, confessed during interrogation that he managed to sneak into India from Srilanka four years ago and had planned to go to London from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi