Sri Lankan arrested with forged passport
Jaipur: A Sri Lankan national who was scheduled to board a London-bound flight was held allegedly with forged passport during immigration check at Sanganer
airport here, officials said on Thursday.
"During the immigration check yesterday, we found the passport of one passenger Mathiyalan Muthu forged. Muthu had affixed his photograph to some other`s passport and was schedule to board London-bound Oman Air`s flight WY-272,"
Additional SP Immigration, Kalyanmal said.
Muthu, who was handed over to Sanganer police, confessed during interrogation that he managed to sneak into India from Srilanka four years ago and had planned to go to London from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'