Sri Lankan court orders release of Indian fishermen
Rameswaram: A Sri Lankan court on Wednesday ordered release of 30 fishermen from here, arrested last month by Island Navy on charges of poaching, according to Fishermen Association sources here.
President of Pamban Fishermen`s Association U Arulanandam said they have received a communication stating that a court in Mannar has ordered the release of the fishermen, arrested on April 06 while fishing near Katchatheevu.
Magistrate of the court Aananthi Kanagaraj had also ordered for returning of their seized boats, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur