Sri Lankan court releases Tamil Nadu fishermen
Rameswaram: A court in Sri Lanka on Tuesday released 22 Tamil Nadu fishermen, arrested by the island nation`s naval personnel.
According to a communication received by Alliance for the Release of Innocent Fishermen (ARIF), Mannar Court Judge Jeevarani Karuppaiah ordered to release the fishermen when they were produced before the court.
The fishermen will be handed over to Indian Coast Guard by Sri Lankan navy at the International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL) within two days, he said.
The fishermen were arrested yesterday when they were fishing near the International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL) off Arichalmunai. The Lankan naval men alleged that the fishermen had crossed the IMBL while fishing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Vietnam scientists spot rare endangered primates
- David Warner named Australia captain as Steve Smith heads home to rest ahead of hectic home schedule
- Is butter healthy? Five reasons to eat Krishna's favourite!
- Air India Mumbai-Newark flight diverted to Kazakhstan
- Laver Cup: Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal to play doubles together