Sri Lankan court releases Tamil Nadu fishermen
Rameswaram: A court in Sri Lanka on Tuesday released 22 Tamil Nadu fishermen, arrested by the island nation`s naval personnel.
According to a communication received by Alliance for the Release of Innocent Fishermen (ARIF), Mannar Court Judge Jeevarani Karuppaiah ordered to release the fishermen when they were produced before the court.
The fishermen will be handed over to Indian Coast Guard by Sri Lankan navy at the International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL) within two days, he said.
The fishermen were arrested yesterday when they were fishing near the International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL) off Arichalmunai. The Lankan naval men alleged that the fishermen had crossed the IMBL while fishing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog