Sri Lankan court releases Tamil Nadu fishermen
Rameswaram: A court in Sri Lanka on Tuesday released 22 Tamil Nadu fishermen, arrested by the island nation`s naval personnel.
According to a communication received by Alliance for the Release of Innocent Fishermen (ARIF), Mannar Court Judge Jeevarani Karuppaiah ordered to release the fishermen when they were produced before the court.
The fishermen will be handed over to Indian Coast Guard by Sri Lankan navy at the International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL) within two days, he said.
The fishermen were arrested yesterday when they were fishing near the International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL) off Arichalmunai. The Lankan naval men alleged that the fishermen had crossed the IMBL while fishing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WATCH: INCREDIBLE! When The Great Khali crushed two opponents in under a minute!
- Microsoft improves OneDrive photos, adds 'Pokemon Go' detector
- Munich attack: Facebook activates safety check tool
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- Blue hues to die for! Sonakshi Sinha is basking under Maldives sun- See pic