Sri Lankan court releases Tamil Nadu fishermen
Rameswaram: A court in Sri Lanka on Tuesday released 22 Tamil Nadu fishermen, arrested by the island nation`s naval personnel.
According to a communication received by Alliance for the Release of Innocent Fishermen (ARIF), Mannar Court Judge Jeevarani Karuppaiah ordered to release the fishermen when they were produced before the court.
The fishermen will be handed over to Indian Coast Guard by Sri Lankan navy at the International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL) within two days, he said.
The fishermen were arrested yesterday when they were fishing near the International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL) off Arichalmunai. The Lankan naval men alleged that the fishermen had crossed the IMBL while fishing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed