Sri Lankan minister criticises SM Krishna
Colombo: A Sri Lankan minister on Tuesday
criticised the External Affairs Minister SM Krishna`s
suggestion for investigation into alleged human rights abuses
in the island during the final battle with the LTTE.
"The Indian foreign minister has said that human rights
abuses in Sri Lanka need investigation. I would like to tell
him that investigation must start with the time of Indian
troops in Sri Lanka," Wimal Weerawansa, the leader of the
National Freedom Front and the Minister of Engineering
services in the government of Mahinda Rajapaksa said.
"Abuses happened during the very start of the conflict
under President Jayawardene. All heads of state after him
fought the war. But only President Mahinda Rajapaksa was able
to finish it."
"I must tell everyone that the least number of rights
abuses took place during the last stages of the war,"
Weerawansa, a key ally of Rajapaksa said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?