Sri Lankan national held at IGI with fake passport
New Delhi: A Sri Lankan national was arrested
from the airport here for allegedly possessing a fake Indian
passport, after he was deported from Paris, police said on Sunday.
Viera Aji (32), who allegedly had a passport in the name
of Aiva Kumar Shivasankaran, was apprehended at the IGI
Airport yesterday, a senior police official said.
"He was deported from Paris as an illegal entrant and
arrived at IGIA by flight No AF-226. On scrutiny, it was found
his passport dated 6.12.2007 was issued at Chennai and it was
reported lost," the official said.
During questioning, he said, Aji told police that he
hails from Jaffana. It also came to light that from a letter
dated 16.03.2012 that he is a Sri Lankan national.
A case has been registered against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!