Sri Lankan national held at IGI with fake passport
New Delhi: A Sri Lankan national was arrested
from the airport here for allegedly possessing a fake Indian
passport, after he was deported from Paris, police said on Sunday.
Viera Aji (32), who allegedly had a passport in the name
of Aiva Kumar Shivasankaran, was apprehended at the IGI
Airport yesterday, a senior police official said.
"He was deported from Paris as an illegal entrant and
arrived at IGIA by flight No AF-226. On scrutiny, it was found
his passport dated 6.12.2007 was issued at Chennai and it was
reported lost," the official said.
During questioning, he said, Aji told police that he
hails from Jaffana. It also came to light that from a letter
dated 16.03.2012 that he is a Sri Lankan national.
A case has been registered against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan