Sri Sri escapes attack on him, one injured
Bangalore: The Art-of-Living guru Sri Sri Ravishankar escapes an assassination bid as an unidentified person fired at his convoy while he was leavening a public satsang (discourse) here on Sunday evening.
According to the AOL spokesperson, the bullet was fired from a close range in which one of the disciples was injured. Sri Sri Ravi Shankar has a vast international following.
"While leaving from public satsang (discourse) this evening in Bangalore, an unidentified gunman shot at Sri Sri`s convoy. It hit one the devotee`s thigh, causing a minor injury," the statement said.
Meanwhile the Police launched an investigation in the attack and the assailant is yet to be arrested. Karnataka Home Minister VS Acharya said to a private news channel that a senior police official had gone to the ashram to conduct investigations. However he denied anyone has been injured in the attack, adding that the security at the ashram would be stepped up.
According to the media reports the firing incident happened around 6 pm. The bullet missed Sri Sri and instead hit one of the devotees. The bullet was however aimed at the Sri Sri Ravi Shankar`s vehicle.
Sri Sri speaking to a private news channel said he is fine and there is nothing to worry. “Police is investigating the entire matter. I don’t have any issue or any kind of animity with any one.” Sri Sri added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price