Sri Sri escapes attack on him, one injured
Bangalore: The Art-of-Living guru Sri Sri Ravishankar escapes an assassination bid as an unidentified person fired at his convoy while he was leavening a public satsang (discourse) here on Sunday evening.
According to the AOL spokesperson, the bullet was fired from a close range in which one of the disciples was injured. Sri Sri Ravi Shankar has a vast international following.
"While leaving from public satsang (discourse) this evening in Bangalore, an unidentified gunman shot at Sri Sri`s convoy. It hit one the devotee`s thigh, causing a minor injury," the statement said.
Meanwhile the Police launched an investigation in the attack and the assailant is yet to be arrested. Karnataka Home Minister VS Acharya said to a private news channel that a senior police official had gone to the ashram to conduct investigations. However he denied anyone has been injured in the attack, adding that the security at the ashram would be stepped up.
According to the media reports the firing incident happened around 6 pm. The bullet missed Sri Sri and instead hit one of the devotees. The bullet was however aimed at the Sri Sri Ravi Shankar`s vehicle.
Sri Sri speaking to a private news channel said he is fine and there is nothing to worry. “Police is investigating the entire matter. I don’t have any issue or any kind of animity with any one.” Sri Sri added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Sad but true! Women in India earn 19% less than men, says report
- Jayalalithaa thanks Stalin for attending her swearing-in ceremony, says 'no intent to disrespect him or DMK'
- Snapdeal CPO Anand Chandrasekaran quits
- IT department to 'name and shame' crorepati defaulters this fiscal
- Father and son cut open a wasp's nest – Watch video to find out what's inside!