Sri Sri escapes attack on him, one injured
Bangalore: The Art-of-Living guru Sri Sri Ravishankar escapes an assassination bid as an unidentified person fired at his convoy while he was leavening a public satsang (discourse) here on Sunday evening.
According to the AOL spokesperson, the bullet was fired from a close range in which one of the disciples was injured. Sri Sri Ravi Shankar has a vast international following.
"While leaving from public satsang (discourse) this evening in Bangalore, an unidentified gunman shot at Sri Sri`s convoy. It hit one the devotee`s thigh, causing a minor injury," the statement said.
Meanwhile the Police launched an investigation in the attack and the assailant is yet to be arrested. Karnataka Home Minister VS Acharya said to a private news channel that a senior police official had gone to the ashram to conduct investigations. However he denied anyone has been injured in the attack, adding that the security at the ashram would be stepped up.
According to the media reports the firing incident happened around 6 pm. The bullet missed Sri Sri and instead hit one of the devotees. The bullet was however aimed at the Sri Sri Ravi Shankar`s vehicle.
Sri Sri speaking to a private news channel said he is fine and there is nothing to worry. “Police is investigating the entire matter. I don’t have any issue or any kind of animity with any one.” Sri Sri added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Greg Chappell strikes! Former coach claims team took short-cuts, key players selfish
- Make-up earns men's admiration, women's jealousy
- Asha Kumari appointed AICC incharge of Punjab