Sri Sri gets Paraguay`s highest civilian award
Bangalore: Spiritual guru Sri Sri Ravi Shankar has been honoured with Paraguay`s highest civilian award.
He was conferred the National Order of Merito de Comuneros on Thursday in the Paraguay capital, the Art of Living Foundation said on Friday.
The award has been bestowed on only two others in the 200-year history of Paraguay`s Parliament.
The Art of Living founder, who was received by Paraguay President Federico Franco, also addressed the Senate.
The Universidad Autonoma de Asuncion of Paraguay too honoured Sri Sri by conferring the Doctorate Honoris Causa in recognition of the humanitarian work done by The Art of Living.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof