Sri Sri on govt schools: Hearing on April 2
Jaipur: A local court Thursday fixed April 2 as
the next date for hearing on a complaint, seeking direction to police to lodge FIR against spiritual guru Sri Sri Ravishankar for his remarks alleging government schools to be breeding grounds for Naxalism.
The complaint was filed yesterday in the court.
Lawyers Surendra Dhaka, J P Sharma and Manu Pancholi
filed the complaint which was accepted today. The court of
Metropolitan Magistrate Sanganer Dharm Raj Meena fixed April 2
as the next date of hearing.
Addressing a function at a school near Jaipur last
evening, Ravishankar said government should privatise
education and close state-run schools as they breed Naxals.
"Government ko koi school nahi chalana chahiye. Aksar
paya jata hai ki government school se padhe hue bacche hi is
tarha naxalvad me hinsa ke marg me chale jate hai"(Government
should not run any school. It is often found that boys studied
in government schools go into Naxalism and violence).
His comments invited wrath of educationists and
The complaint sought court`s direction for police to
lodge an FIR against Ravishankar under relevant sections of
However, he later claimed that he did not generalise
and gave the statement only in reference to sick government
schools in Naxal affected areas of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Twist in BMC poll results as BJP emerges as `largest party`
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway