Sri Sri on govt schools: Hearing on April 2
Jaipur: A local court Thursday fixed April 2 as
the next date for hearing on a complaint, seeking direction to police to lodge FIR against spiritual guru Sri Sri Ravishankar for his remarks alleging government schools to be breeding grounds for Naxalism.
The complaint was filed yesterday in the court.
Lawyers Surendra Dhaka, J P Sharma and Manu Pancholi
filed the complaint which was accepted today. The court of
Metropolitan Magistrate Sanganer Dharm Raj Meena fixed April 2
as the next date of hearing.
Addressing a function at a school near Jaipur last
evening, Ravishankar said government should privatise
education and close state-run schools as they breed Naxals.
"Government ko koi school nahi chalana chahiye. Aksar
paya jata hai ki government school se padhe hue bacche hi is
tarha naxalvad me hinsa ke marg me chale jate hai"(Government
should not run any school. It is often found that boys studied
in government schools go into Naxalism and violence).
His comments invited wrath of educationists and
The complaint sought court`s direction for police to
lodge an FIR against Ravishankar under relevant sections of
However, he later claimed that he did not generalise
and gave the statement only in reference to sick government
schools in Naxal affected areas of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report