Sri Sri`s statement unfortunate: Maha education min
Mumbai: Maharashtra School Education Minister Rajendra Darda on Wednesday termed as "unfortunate" the remark of spiritual Guru Sri Sri Ravishankar that the
state-run schools are breeding grounds for Naxalism.
"It is an unfortunate statement. I feel good students come out from these schools," Darda said.
"We respect Ravishankarji. But he should not have said
such words. It is totally wrong. Government schools are equal
to and even better than private schools," the minister said.
A person of Ravishankar`s stature should not have
uttered such words, Darda said.
Addressing a function in Hindi at a school near Jaipur
last evening, Ravishankar had said that the government should
privatise education and close state-run schools as they breed
"Government ko koi school nahi chalana chahiye. Aksar
paya jata hai ki government school se padhe hue bacche hi is
tarha naxalvad me hinsa ke marg me chale jate hai"(Government
should not run any school. It is often found that boys studied
in government schools go into Naxalism and violence)," he had
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...