Sri Sri`s statement unfortunate: Maha education min
Mumbai: Maharashtra School Education Minister Rajendra Darda on Wednesday termed as "unfortunate" the remark of spiritual Guru Sri Sri Ravishankar that the
state-run schools are breeding grounds for Naxalism.
"It is an unfortunate statement. I feel good students come out from these schools," Darda said.
"We respect Ravishankarji. But he should not have said
such words. It is totally wrong. Government schools are equal
to and even better than private schools," the minister said.
A person of Ravishankar`s stature should not have
uttered such words, Darda said.
Addressing a function in Hindi at a school near Jaipur
last evening, Ravishankar had said that the government should
privatise education and close state-run schools as they breed
"Government ko koi school nahi chalana chahiye. Aksar
paya jata hai ki government school se padhe hue bacche hi is
tarha naxalvad me hinsa ke marg me chale jate hai"(Government
should not run any school. It is often found that boys studied
in government schools go into Naxalism and violence)," he had
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Bombay HC allows women to enter inner sanctum of Haji Ali Dargah; activists hail 'momentous' verdict
- Pakistan's Sami Aslam reveals why he always recalls these words from Sachin Tendulkar's retirement speech
- Subramanian Swamy fires fresh salvo at Raghuram Rajan, claims he has no degree in economics
- Dwayne Bravo all set to make singing debut in Bollywood! - Details inside
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 with 6GB RAM, 128GB storage likely to be launched today