Sri Sri`s take on IPL: Needs more cleaning than Yamuna
New Delhi: The raging IPL scandal, with its unlikely cocktail of cricket, money, glamour and politics, has saddened spiritual guru Sri Sri Ravi Shankar. As more skeletons tumble out of the IPL closet, he says sports need more cleaning up than the filth-clogged Yamuna.
Anguished by the headline-hogging row over the Indian Premier League cricket that involves top politicians, businessmen, Bollywood stars and sports administrators, Ravi Shankar, the founder of The Art of Living Foundation, says the soul of sports gets destroyed when business enters it.
"Sports should simply bring lightness, laughter and entertainment. When business enters it, its very soul is destroyed," Sri Sri, as he is called fondly by his worldwide devotees, said in a statement here Sunday.
"Unfortunately so much dirt has corrupted sports. It needs cleaning up more than the Yamuna!" said Ravi Shankar whose courses in meditation and harmonious living have created a global following.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday