Srikumar Banerjee named AEC Chairman
Mumbai: Srikumar Banerjee, a leading expert
in Materials and Technology in the country and director of
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre has been appointed as chairman
of Atomic Energy Commission and Secretary Department of Atomic
Energy (DAE) and will take charge on December one.
Banerjee will take over from Anil Kakodkar who will be
retiring on November 30, DAE officials said here today.
The 63-year-old Banerjee became director of BARC in April
2004 after being the director of Materials Group and is an
officer of 11th batch of prestigious BARC Training School.
He has made outstanding contributions in many materials
related areas in both basic and applied areas.
His comprehensive work on the physical metallurgy of
Zirconium alloys is widely quoted in scientific literature,
The Padmashri awardee Banerjee`s work has also provided
a basis for developing a novel fabrication schedule for
pressure tubes used in the Indian Pressurised Heavywater
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened