Srikumar Banerjee named AEC Chairman
Mumbai: Srikumar Banerjee, a leading expert
in Materials and Technology in the country and director of
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre has been appointed as chairman
of Atomic Energy Commission and Secretary Department of Atomic
Energy (DAE) and will take charge on December one.
Banerjee will take over from Anil Kakodkar who will be
retiring on November 30, DAE officials said here today.
The 63-year-old Banerjee became director of BARC in April
2004 after being the director of Materials Group and is an
officer of 11th batch of prestigious BARC Training School.
He has made outstanding contributions in many materials
related areas in both basic and applied areas.
His comprehensive work on the physical metallurgy of
Zirconium alloys is widely quoted in scientific literature,
The Padmashri awardee Banerjee`s work has also provided
a basis for developing a novel fabrication schedule for
pressure tubes used in the Indian Pressurised Heavywater
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok