Srinagar guerrilla attack: BSF trooper dies of injuries
Srinagar: A Border Security Force (BSF) trooper, who along with two others was injured in a guerrilla attack in Srinagar early Thursday, has succumbed in a hospital here, a BSF official said.
"One of our soldiers injured in today`s (Thursday`s) attack has died of injuries," a senior BSF official told a news agency.
The trooper has been identified as constable Krishan Kalita, a resident of Assam.
Three BSF troopers were injured in Gulshan Nagar area on the by-pass road in Srinagar on Thursday morning when separatist guerrillas opened fire at their vehicle while they were on their way to Panthachowk from north Kashmir`s Baramulla district.
Senior police and paramilitary officers rushed to the spot following the attack and a case was registered at the local police station.
So far, no separatist guerrilla outfit has owned responsibility for the attack.
This is the second such attack in Srinagar this month. On March 13, a suicide squad attacked Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) troopers in Bemina area of the city. Five CRPF troopers and two attacking fidayeen were killed in the incident, while nine others, including three civilians, were injured.
The March 13 attack was the first such incident in Srinagar in three years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days