SS Ahluwalia slams Ashwani Kumar, says `People are not fools`
Kolkata: The BJP on Saturday said that none were fooled by Law Minister Ashwani Kumar`s claim that the status report on coalgate by CBI was shown for proof reading.
"When the Supreme Court sought the status report by CBI on the coalgate investigation without disclosing the contents to any government official or minister, it was shown to Union Law minister Ashwani Kumar to bring changes to protect the government," BJP Vice-President S S Ahluwalia said here.
"Does Kumar think the people of this country are fools and will buy his argument that the report was demanded for proof reading?" he asked.
Alleging that the present central government was beset with one scam after another, he demanded the resignation of the Prime Minister and the government.
He also said that while coming to Kolkata, he had heard about the alleged bribe taken by the railway minister`s nephew.
Ahluwalia said that government could have saved Sarabjit Singh who died in Pakistan after a fatal attack on him.
On the chit fund scam in West Bengal, he hoped that the commission of inquiry set up by the state government gave a true report.
He said he supported the state government creating a Rs 500 crore fund for defrauded investors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Rahul Singh takes blessings from poor on his B-day
- Dino Morea, Ranbir Kapoor flaunt football skills! - See pics
- BJP to go it alone in UP Assembly polls, Ram temple not to be on poll agenda: Mahesh Sharma
- Thousands flee IS offensive in northern Syria: Monitor
- Flipkart effect: Startups may lose sheen in job market