SSB academy damaged in Uttarakhand rains
Dehradun: Floods and heavy rains have damaged the training academy of paramilitary Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) in Srinagar in Garhwal.
The academy, according to its director S Badhopadhyay, has incurred a damage of Rs 100 crore due to the current rains and all the training courses have been suspended while cadets and officers have been sent to other places.
Major portions of the academy including dining rooms, living area and administrative quarters have been washed away or damaged by the rains, a senior SSB officer said.
A team from the Delhi headquarters would soon visit the location to assess the damage, the official said.
The SSB guards Indian frontiers with Bhutan and Nepal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa