SSB constable becomes fifth Arunachalee to scale Mt Everest
Itanagar: Much to the delight of the people of Arunachal Pradesh, another native conquered the Mount Everest in the same month as Anshu Jamsenpa, a mother of two, who scaled the mountain peak for the third time in May, and became the fifth person from the state to achieve such a feat.
Tame Bagang, a SSB head constable now posted at Uttarakhand, conquered the world`s highest peak on May 21 to become the fifth Arunachalee to scale Everest, official sources said here on Sunday.
Bagang was one of the members of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) expedition team to scale the Mount Everest.
The team led by its commander Somit Joshi, reached the peak at about 9.45 am on May 21 to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the paramilitary force, also coinciding with the diamond jubilee of the first successful climb on the highest peak by Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay on May 29, 1953.
Tapi Mra, Anshu Jamsenpa, Tine Mena and Nima Lama have already achieved this feat.
During the third week of May, Anshu Jamsenpa and Nima Lama from Arunachal Pradesh were the members of first NE Mount Everest Expedition team who successfully scaled the world`s highest peak.
While Anshu created a record for conquering the peak for the third time, Lama became the fourth Arunachalee to scale it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'