SSB not to allow rift in Indo-Nepal ties: DG
Balrampur (UP): Some forces were trying to create a rift in centuries-old relations between India and Nepal but both the countries will not allow them to succeed, Director General of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) Arun Chaudhary Thursday said.
"Some forces want to create rift between India and Nepal but we will fight against them with the cooperation of both the countries," Chaudhary told reporters after inaugurating border outposts here.
The SSB guards the 1751-km Indo-Nepal border, besides India`s international boundary with Bhutan.
"We are aware of the activities of China and some other countries in Nepal but till now no such activity has come to light which posed a danger to the security of the country," Chaudhary said in reply to a question.
The DG said that Nepal police and SSB jawans regularly monitored the border areas and asked the locals to extend their help to SSB in promoting national security.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- DNA : Today in History, 26th July, 2016