SSB orders probe into eve-teasing case against its personnel
New Delhi: The Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) has ordered an inquiry into an eve-teasing case against its ten personnel who were arrested for allegedly misbehaving with NCC girl cadets from North Eastern states in a Guwahati-bound train.
Taking a stern view of the February 1 incident, SSB chief Arun Chowdhary has constituted a time-bound inquiry and a report will be submitted to the force headquarters within a fortnight.
The girl cadets were returning to Guwahati after taking part in the Republic Day parade in New Delhi when the SSB personnel allegedly eve-teased them in Sampark Kranti Express late on Friday night.
The girl cadets complained at Mughalsarai railway station following which RPF and GRP men took more then a dozen SSB personnel in their custody on the night of February 1.
Out of them, ten were identified by the girls. An FIR was lodged against them at Mughalsarai railway police station and they were sent to jail.
Sources said the ten SSB personnel involved in the incident were fresh recruits and the strictest punishment of removal from service would be handed down to them if they are found guilty.
Meanwhile, SSB Director General Chowdhary has issued instructions to all the field formations and senior officials that all personnel should ensure exemplary and disciplined behaviour every time they deal with public or travel in public transport.
The SSB has also initiated gender sensitisation subjects as part of its training curriculum in all its 40 battalions.
The force has about 8-10 per cent of its strength as women personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections