SSB orders probe into eve-teasing case against its personnel
New Delhi: The Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) has ordered an inquiry into an eve-teasing case against its ten personnel who were arrested for allegedly misbehaving with NCC girl cadets from North Eastern states in a Guwahati-bound train.
Taking a stern view of the February 1 incident, SSB chief Arun Chowdhary has constituted a time-bound inquiry and a report will be submitted to the force headquarters within a fortnight.
The girl cadets were returning to Guwahati after taking part in the Republic Day parade in New Delhi when the SSB personnel allegedly eve-teased them in Sampark Kranti Express late on Friday night.
The girl cadets complained at Mughalsarai railway station following which RPF and GRP men took more then a dozen SSB personnel in their custody on the night of February 1.
Out of them, ten were identified by the girls. An FIR was lodged against them at Mughalsarai railway police station and they were sent to jail.
Sources said the ten SSB personnel involved in the incident were fresh recruits and the strictest punishment of removal from service would be handed down to them if they are found guilty.
Meanwhile, SSB Director General Chowdhary has issued instructions to all the field formations and senior officials that all personnel should ensure exemplary and disciplined behaviour every time they deal with public or travel in public transport.
The SSB has also initiated gender sensitisation subjects as part of its training curriculum in all its 40 battalions.
The force has about 8-10 per cent of its strength as women personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees