SSB steps up vigil along Indo-Nepal border
Mahrajganj (UP): The SSB on Wednesday said it has
stepped up vigil along the Indo-Nepal border in Uttar Pradesh
to prevent possible infiltration of terrorists in the wake of
the killing of Osama bin Laden in Pakistan by US forces.
"We have stepped up vigil in Gonda, Gorakhpur and Basti
division. SSB forces in Mahrajganj, Siddharthanagar, Balrampur
and Shrawasti districts, sharing border with Nepal, have been
put on high alert," SSB DIG Samir Kermaker said.
Security personnel have been asked to ascertain the
identities of people before allowing them to cross the border,
Patrolling of public spots such as cinema halls, hotels,
rail and bus stations are being done and people have been
appealed to inform SSB and police about any suspicious person
or activity seen on border areas, Kermaker said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement