SSB steps up vigil along Indo-Nepal border
Mahrajganj: The SSB on Wednesday said it has
stepped up vigil along the Indo-Nepal border in Uttar Pradesh
to prevent possible infiltration of terrorists in the wake of
the killing of Osama bin Laden in Pakistan by US forces.
"We have stepped up vigil in Gonda, Gorakhpur and Basti
division. SSB forces in Mahrajganj, Siddharthanagar, Balrampur
and Shrawasti districts, sharing border with Nepal, have been
put on high alert," SSB DIG Samir Kermaker said.
Security personnel have been asked to ascertain the
identities of people before allowing them to cross the border,
Patrolling of public spots such as cinema halls, hotels,
rail and bus stations are being done and people have been
appealed to inform SSB and police about any suspicious person
or activity seen on border areas, Kermaker said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose lived as KK Bhandari in 1960s?
- AIB's Tanmay Bhat blasted on Twitter for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar | WATCH his controversial video
- Sex machines - the future of `clean` prostitution?
- Rainy Monday morning in Delhi
- Woman allegedly raped by Nigerian national in Goa