SSB steps up vigil along Indo-Nepal border
Mahrajganj: The SSB on Wednesday said it has
stepped up vigil along the Indo-Nepal border in Uttar Pradesh
to prevent possible infiltration of terrorists in the wake of
the killing of Osama bin Laden in Pakistan by US forces.
"We have stepped up vigil in Gonda, Gorakhpur and Basti
division. SSB forces in Mahrajganj, Siddharthanagar, Balrampur
and Shrawasti districts, sharing border with Nepal, have been
put on high alert," SSB DIG Samir Kermaker said.
Security personnel have been asked to ascertain the
identities of people before allowing them to cross the border,
Patrolling of public spots such as cinema halls, hotels,
rail and bus stations are being done and people have been
appealed to inform SSB and police about any suspicious person
or activity seen on border areas, Kermaker said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi