SSC ties up with Defence psychologists to train interviewers
Kolkata: The Staff Selection Commission has
tied up with the Defence Institute of Psychological Research
in training interviewers to select the best candidates for
government jobs, a top official said on Thursday.
"There is a need for training interviewers. For this, we
have tied up with the Defence Institute of Psychologial
Research. We have also roped in experts from IIMs and private
sector," SSC chairman N K Raghupathy told newsmen on sidelines
of a workshop organised by SSC eastern region.
In keeping with recommendations of Second Administrative
Reforms Commission, SSC had already introduced online
application for job seekers, he said, adding, objective type
tests have also been introduced for first time in the Combined
Graduate Level Examination to expedite recruitment process.
Raghupathy said in order to cope with increasing number
of job applicants, the SSC was mulling transition to the Item
Response Theory (IRT) model for examinations under which, a
small number of questions are set to assess a candidate.
"This model has been adopted in many countries. Here, it
will require some thinking as the same set of questions cannot
be repeated for different batches of candidates," he said.
Raghupathy said he had sent a proposal to the Centre in
September to allow candidates take the SSC Common Examinations
at the matriculation, higher secondary and degree levels at
While 12.5 lakh candidates applied for the SSC
examinations and 10,576 were recommended for employment during
2009-10, as many as 30.68 lakh candidates were expected to
appear for the exams by December and 25,000 expected to be
absorbed by the end of this year, he said.
In eastern region, 1,33,107 applications were received
during 2009-10 and 1,400 recommended for employment, while
3,11,171 candidates applied for jobs and 2,039 recommended for
employment till October this year, he said.
SSC has been conducting question bank projects in
different cities to equip itself for restructured
SSC eastern region had already conducted question bank
projects in civil engineering, structural engineering,
mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, commerce,
statistics and economics. This time, the question bank project
is being held on Law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!