SSC to advertise 1 lakh posts in 2013-14
Hyderabad: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) hopes to advertise about one lakh posts across the country in 2013-14, its Chairman N K Raghupathy said here Thursday.
"Nowadays, we are able to fill up almost all the posts that we are advertising. I do expect that we will be filling up one lakh vacancies next year. The competition is increasing and therefore, the number of applications we hope to receive is about 1.5 crores," he told reporters here.
In addition to the advertisements for Government of India vacancies, SSC is also undertaking some additional recruitment for government organisations like Food of Corporation of India (FCI) and Prasar Bharati, he said.
The proposed recruitment for one lakh jobs in the next financial year include such organisations also, Raghupathy said.
The ratio of recruitment against number of applicants pan-India is 1:102, he said. "It means out of 102 candidates, one candidate finally gets selected," he added.
On December 15, SSC will be advertising 22,000 posts all over the country of constables in Central Armed Police Forces, followed by advertisements in CPWD, sub-inspectors in Central Armed Police Forces among others during 2013.
SSC also does recruitment for the about 100 Left wing extremism-affected and militancy-affected districts all over the country and there is reservation for candidates from those areas. Also, candidates from border districts have reservation in jobs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm